Looking to get your photographic life on your computer under control? Looking to do it using one of the industry’s most popular and powerful software solutions? Look no further.
Henry’s newest 5-week course takes students, hands-on, through the classic digital photography workflow using one of the industry’s most popular photo-software solutions, Adobe Lightroom. Students will be guided through the process of using Lightroom to view, organize and optimize their photos - whether for the internet, printing or other purposes. Highlights include learning how to set up an effective folder structure, as well as how to back up and recover from a potential hard drive crash. This course provides students with both insight and valuable hands-on experience. Students will learn and practice the processes of importing, organizing and editing photos over a five week period (two-hours per week), allowing them to experience the real-life growth & progress of a Lightroom photo catalogue.
Computer and Lightroom software are provided for use during this course.
Basic photography and computer knowledge
- Lightroom fundamentals & computer storage explained
- Importing: Getting new photos into Lightroom; building an effective folder strategy and making effective use of available options.
- Getting around in Lightroom: Navigating folder to folder, making use of viewing modes, zooming & panning to get a closer look.
- Workflow: Separating the good from the bad via comparing, rating, rejecting, keywording & grouping photos according to your needs
- Enhancing & Fixing Photos:
- Correcting colour, exposure & contrast.
- How to sharpen, reduce noise, and apply spot enhancements.
- How to apply effects, convert to b&w and how to efficiently apply any changes to multiple photos
- Getting photos out of Lightroom: Preparing images for the internet and for printing at any size. How to watermark photos
- Migrating to another computer or hard drive
- Recovering from disaster with a backup.
Who Should Attend?
Intermediate-level photo enthusiasts who are looking to get their photographic life on their computer under control using Lightroom.
Note: Although recommended, Photo 101 and Photo 201 course are not mandatory prerequisites for this course.