There's something new in the air!
Our ground school for Drones will teach you everything you need to know before takeoff. We'll carefully look at the proper assembly and maintenance of your drone, as well as essential safety tips and precautions you must consider before any flight. With our help, you'll be able to start safely and confidently capturing photos and videos from an incredible bird's eye perspective. We take a view at the various levels of drones and can help you make your drone decision. In our program we discuss drones from DJI, 3DR and Parrot.
We'll also make sure that you understand when you would need to apply for a Special Flight Operating Certificate (SFOC), which may be required for certain types of aerial photography and videography.
• Getting to Know Your Drone
• Drone Categories
• Transport Canada Safety Requirements – The Laws About Drones
• When an SFOC is required
• The Insurance Requirements
• Restrictions and regulations
• Understanding the components of your drone including the flight platform and flight controller
• What does line of sight mean
• Learning Your Flight Controller
• Flight Modes
• What are Failsafes? How Does Safe Land or Return to Home work?
• Creating your Preflight checklist
• Interpreting the drone indicator lights
• Best Practices for Safe Flight
• Understanding your surroundings and safe flying
• Maintenance of your drone
• How to take great looking video and photos from the air
Owners of a capable drone who want to learn how to safely and confidently operate their devices, or anybody who would like to learn more about this exciting new opportunity space for photo and video creation.
To reschedule or refund a course please contact your local Henry's store.
View Store Locations
I took the Drones 101: Ground School and found it to be very informative and helped me understand the requirements for piloting a drone and the differences between drones. I think this course should be mandatory for any new drone pilot.
0 people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful for you? Report As Inappropriate
In order to access the student notes for this course, please follow these steps:
Looking for student notes for an older, discontinued class taken before October 2016?
Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to make your request (Until March, 1st, 2017).
Find the perfect course for you!
Find Out More
Check out our tips and tricks blog for great insight on taking better photos no matter your experience level.
View Tips and Tricks
© 1996-2017 Cranbrook Glen Enterprises Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
View your full shopping cart for taxes and shipping.