Do you know a young budding photographer who is looking for an opportunity to explore their photographic interest in a unique hands-on setting? Want to give them a chance to develop their creative skills with the help of a professional photo educator? Henry's Learning Lab has the answer!
The Learning Lab Summer Camp is a one day, 8 hour camp that will introduce and develop photographic skills in a fun and exciting environment.
We'll explore many of the fundamental concepts & techniques required to develop photographic skills. Students will experience both the practical and artistic sides of photography. Your child will discover the history of photography through the construction of their own pinhole camera. We'll then expose them to a range of photographic techniques and styles, including portraiture, landscape photography, macro and more. Students will have a chance to put their new skills into practice right away, photographing various subjects and exploring some exciting digital equipment in a fun, interactive, hands-on environment. We're looking forward to meeting you!
UPCOMING CAMP DATES:
Elsie Perrin Williams Estate
101 Windermere Rd, London, ON N6G 2J4
Thursday, July 21st 2016
9:00AM - 5:00PM
DSLR or Compact System Camera with Manual Mode
- Camera overview and set up
- How focus works
- Advanced focusing techniques
- Getting the right brightness in your photos using exposure compensation
- How to get the best colour in your photographs
- Taking control of photo exposure
- The creative effect of shutter speed and aperture
- How to affectively control ISO for problem solving
- Understanding lenses, focal length and perspective
Who Should Attend?
Suggested Age Group: 9-14
Any young learner with an interest in photography and visual art. We'll engage these students with a series of lessons and exercises, all led by a trained youth educator.
What To Bring To Class:
- Interchangeable lens camera (DSLR or Mirrorless)
- Fully charged battery + extra battery
- Memory cards