Focusing on composition and creativity, students are guided through lessening dependence on automatic shooting modes and seeing their subject differently. Camera modes will be explored with the ultimate goal of leveraging the creative capabilities of the camera. This course challenges the student to think 'outside the frame' and allows them to create unique photographic opportunities within the scenery of Port Credit, Mississauga.
Photography Concepts & Terminology Knowledge
- Custom white balance to properly reproduce colors
- Exposure compensation and bracketing
- Applying composition rules
- Close up & macro photography
- Working with shutter speed, aperture and ISO to freeze action or convey motion
- Creative use of natural light: exploring Metering Modes
- Dealing with shadows in direct light
- Choosing the right lens
- Creative use of depth of field
Who Should Attend?
Individuals who would like to to explore taking photographs with the guidance of an instructor while learning how to think and shoot creatively.
What To Bring To Class:
- Your camera
- Charged battery
- Memory cards
- Wide angle and a telephoto lenses, or a single lens with a zoom such as and 18mm-200mm lens
MEETING LOCATION INFO:
Students are to meet at Saddington Park in Port Credit off Lakeshore Blvd and Mississauga Rd S, Mississauga. Your instructor will then lead you for a walk (less than 1km) through Port Credit Harbour.
- Due to the nature of this course and inability to accurately predict weather conditions, we have a rain policy in place.
- In case of extreme weather, students will be contacted up to 2hrs prior to the start of the course and notified in case of a cancellation. Please check your email and phone messages for details about a potential cancellation before leaving for the class.
- Regular policies apply should a student choose to cancel or rebook with less than 48hrs notice. Refunds or rebooks will not be issued to those who fail to attend a pre-booked course.