In our Fixing Photos in Aperture course we will focus on Aperture's image editing tools. We'll perform basic edits that affect a photo's overall colour and tonality then move on to more advanced tools & techniques to get the most out of your photos by processing them in Aperture. We will explore Aperture's spot and local area adjustment brushes and how to send your image into Photoshop (or other external editor) if further adjustments are needed. We will also look at some of the options involved in printing, exporting and formatting your images so you get the results you expect.
Basic Computer Skills, Photography Concepts & Terminology Knowledge. Aperture 101 is recommended but not mandatory.
- Understanding how image adjustments work and how it differs from traditional methods
- Understanding the concept of 'Versions'
- Analyzing your photos' needs visually and via the Histogram
- Applying basic corrections for tone and colour
- Using curves, highlight recovery and other advanced tools
- Batch processing
- Advanced colour control
- Cropping and straightening
- Applying adjustment to small and specific areas
- Retouching with the spot cloning and healing tools
- Creating a more efficient workflow using Presets
- Converting colour images to greyscale (B&W)
- Configuring and using Photoshop as an optional external editor
- Understanding the Exporting of images and the available settings
Individuals who are looking to become proficient with the editing of their photos in Aperture.
Note: Although Aperture is a Mac platform software solution only, PC users who are contemplating the switch to Mac or who are merely curious about how Aperture can address their photo managing needs are welcome to attend.
You're ready for our Aperture 102 course if you've taken our Aperture 101 course or already have the equivalent knowledge as per its description on this website. A solid understanding of basic digital photography concepts & terminology is also an asset.
A great course, fast paced with lots of material. Could've used even more time to cover the ground. But I'm already using what I've learned with fabulous results! It's helpful to already be shooting in RAW before taking this class.
0 people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful for you? Report As Inappropriate
In order to access the student notes for this course, please follow these steps:
Henry's School of Imaging workshops are quick, informative programs covering a variety of imaging topics.
Find Out More
Check out our tips and tricks blog for great insight on taking better photos no matter your experience level.
View Tips and Tricks
Contact us toll free at 1 (888) 574-0250 or email@example.com
© 1996-2013 Cranbrook Glen Enterprises Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
View your full shopping cart for taxes and shipping.